Meet the Governors
Welcome to our Governors' section.
The Governing Body would like to say a warm welcome to Whiteheath Junior School. As Governors, we all care passionately about our school and work in partnership with the Head Teacher, Senior Leaders and Teaching staff to act as a ‘strategic partner’ to:
- strive for the highest educational standards and promote best practice
- put the welfare and needs of our children at the centre of everything we do
- sustain the inclusive ethos of our school and maintain a strong relationship with parents and the local community
Led by our Chair of Governors, Mr Jim Edgecombe, the Governing Body meets regularly to monitor and continually improve all aspects of school life including the curriculum, personnel, finance, school policies, resources as well as standards of education and achievement.
In accordance with the Government's requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of the School Governing Body are:
1) Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
2) Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
3) Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
There is a Full Governing Body Meeting each term and an annual in-school governor day with separate meetings of the following sub-committees:
- Teaching and Learning Committee - This committee looks at teaching and learning and standards across the school including assessment, curriculum, special education needs, safeguarding, pastoral care and associated policies
- Finance and Resources Committee- This committee focuses on the use of the school finances and deployment of staff and resources as well as premises, health and safety, personnel matters, GDPR and associated policies
- Pay committee - This committee focuses on the achievement of the school’s aims and in respect of all pay matters, specifically ensuring staff are appropriately rewarded for their performance in line with the pay policy
- Head Teacher’s Performance Management - This committee has delegated responsibility from the Full Governing Body (FGB) to carry out the performance management process for the Headteacher on an annual basis.
Meet the Governors for 2022 - 2023
Jim Edgecombe – Governing Body Chair
Alison Percy - Vice Chair and Co-opted Governor
Michelle Kenny - Head Teacher
Vacancy – Staff Governor
Kate Boulter - Clerk to the Governors
Simon Blackwell - Co-opted Governor
Matt Fletcher - Parent Governor
Rena Drone - Co-opted Governor
Jatin Patel - Co-opted Governor
Marta Wright - Parent Governor
Governors can be contacted via the school office. However, if you have any specific issues regarding individual pupils or members of staff, these should be raised with the Head Teacher in the first instance.
A copy of minutes of previous Governors' meetings is held in school for parents to view if they wish.
The Governing Body has three committees: Teaching & Learning Committee, Finance & Resources Committee, and Pay Committee (a sub-group of the Finance & Resources Committee). Governor and Associate Member attendance for the current academic year is shown below. Attendance for the previous academic year can be found in the published Annual Governance Statement.