Meet the Governors
Welcome to our Governors' section.
The Governing Body would like to say a warm welcome to Whiteheath Junior School. As Governors, we all care passionately about our school and work in partnership with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher and Teaching staff to act as a ‘strategic partner’ to:
- strive for the highest educational standards and promote best practice
- put the welfare and needs of our children at the centre of everything we do
- sustain the inclusive ethos of our school and maintain a strong relationship with parents and the local community
Led by our Chair of Governors, Mr Jim Edgecombe, the Governing Body meets regularly to monitor and continually improve all aspects of school life including the curriculum, personnel, finance, school policies, resources as well as standards of education and achievement.
In accordance with the Government's requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of the School Governing Body are:
1) Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
2) Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
3) Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
There is a Full Governing Body Meeting each term with separate meetings of the following sub-committees:
- Teaching and Learning
- Finance and Resources
Meet the Governors for 2018-19
Jim Edgecombe – Governing Body Chair
Sarah Jay-Bennett – Vice Chair (LA Governor)
Michelle Kenny - Head Teacher
Ashleigh Garland – Staff Governor
Lesley Harrison - Associate Governor
Michael Spooner - Co-opted Governor
Vacancy - Clerk to the Governors
Simon Blackwell - Parent Governor
Alison Percy - Parent Governor
Donna Merino - Parent Governor
Rena Drone - Co-opted Governor
Tamie Needler - Associate Governor
Governors can be contacted via the school office. However, if you have any specific issues regarding individual pupils or members of staff, these should be raised with the Head Teacher in the first instance.