School Development Priorities for 2018-19
Dear Parents and Carers,
Last year, as part of our commitment to working together with parents and carers, we shared with you the key features of the annual School Development Plan for 2017/18. To continue strengthening our partnership, I am writing to let you know about our priorities for 2018/19.
By way of background, for those families who are new to the school, each school leadership team (Headteacher and Senior Leaders from within the school and the Governing Body) are required to put in place a plan that will inform their work during each school year. This plan is based on evidence from a wide range of sources that include: our own monitoring of children’s learning (their books, their lessons, their views about their learning); achievement both academically and in other areas; Key Stage 2 results; the views of children, staff and parents on all aspects of the school and the findings of external review bodies such as OFSTED and the Local Authority.
Our main priorities for 2017/18 have been evaluated and the very successful outcomes of the work of all the staff, the children and their families and our governors have been used (alongside a wide range of evidence sources as detailed above) to identify the priorities for the current academic year.
MAIN PRIORITIES FOR 2018-19
• We will capitalise on the knowledge and skills of all our staff by ensuring we continue to share our
best practice across the school.
• To continue our work in Maths and further develop Maths Mastery across the school.
• To build on the work started last year in English lessons and across the curriculum to increase the
number of children writing at the highest level.
• To further improve outdoor play at lunchtime to give children an opportunity to develop their
leadership and social skills by organising and leading play activities.
• To ensure our Year 6 children reach their potential in Mathematics and maintain the existing high standards of attainment.
I trust that this brief overview of the School’s Development Plan for the coming academic year has been helpful. We look forward to continuing to work closely with you all.